The writing was on the wall so I’m not bitter.
At the end of this week, I will be unemployed. I’m much better prepared than the last time this happened three years ago so I have not yet descended into complete despair. I’m looking at it as a perfect storm of sorts that will allow me a break from to recharge and refocus. I still have school and my writing to keep me occupied so this is the best case scenario for me. However, I do want to make my time off as productive as possible. I’m stealing an idea from another coworker who was laid off and making a FUNEMPLOYMENT BUCKET LIST!
FUNEMPLOYMENT BUCKET LIST 2014:
1. GET A JOB.
2. Take pictures in the office building. I work in a landmarked building. It’s all stained glass, vaulted ceilings, gold inlays, mural-ed walls, etc. It was easy to take for granted and now I realize I probably won’t be able to work in a building with such beauty and history. Thus, I’m going to sneak onto certain floors of the building and take pictures!
3. Finish the first draft of my book. Seriously, I need to get a move on.
4. Bathe my cats. It’s been awhile and Mama can’t afford your fancy groomer no more.
5. GET A JOB.
6. Purge my wardrobe. My drawers are getting hard to close now because I keep buying items without getting rid of old things I don’t wear. After this purge, I’m going to institute a rule wherein for every 3 new items I buy, I must get rid of one.
7. Purge my Facebook. Sorry, ya’ll. There’s too much riff raff on there.
8. Learn a yet to be determined new skill. Knitting? Basket weaving? Woodworking?
9. Visit a museum/historic landmarks at least every two weeks. There are still so many different sites I want to visit in the city. I have time off to take advantage of and no excuses.
10. PLEASE, JUST GET A JOB. Quickly.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know. In the meantime, I’m gonna figure out a way to appease the Snow Gods to get them to stop torturing us.